What am I up to now? (Instagram)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Business card and title page

Thank you all for voting your preferences! Interestingly, so far the votes is split about 50/50. So I'll try this again with the 2 fonts in the finalized versions:

I was really frustrated last week when I finally got around to do my 1st test print. I realized the dimensions stated on the label of my portfolio was WRONG. I had to go back and nudge the heck out of 30 pages, I almost wanted to call and complain, but......"ain't nobody got time for that!"

Also these are the new business card designs, I have 2 different front versions, as well as 2 back versions. I've tried with the 2 fonts for all of them. Which combination do you all prefer?

 I like the top font better for the front of the card, but the bottom font better for the simpler back of the card. This has turned out to be the most split decision I've ever had to made!

5:30 am already? I guess I should stop starting at these and sleep on it for now.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fruit tart & port update

So first things first! Here is the properly scanned Fruit Tart painting I did few weeks ago as promised. 

Whats up lately? Got really busy lately preparing for teaching and tutoring for the new Spring semester at Academy of Art University. While on the side, since Early January, I've been working on reinventing the layout/presentation of my portfolio! Here is a sneak of my title page:

I'm still undecided on the title font. Down to these last 2 choices, after eliminating 3 other fonts with the help of a few friends. I will be delighted to hear your preference! This personal project of mine is definitely turning our to be much more work than I've anticipated. The concept alone took me forever to finalize. Turns out when it comes to personal work, I tend to over-thinking things and being indecisive, sometimes less is more! All of those little spots/drawings around my Title will also appear through out my portfolio. I would also redesign my website as well as business card with this theme unifying my "brand".

I'm almost done with the layout. Next week comes my most dreaded stage...PRINTING. This time not only do have to battle with my printer (which often thinks there is a paper jam, instead it is just thicker paper that it suppose to accept) and color correcting, I also have have have to make sure it prints exactly where it should, and not half an inch towards the bottom because the printer moved it up too much.

Hope I get this all done before March when my next project starts! crossing my fingers!